Sunday, June 04, 2006

A Gay Hammam Goes Public

Lebanon's newest gay hammam, al-Sheikh in Wata al-Mosaytbeh, is now advertising with radio announcements.

The advertisement highlighted the standard hammam fare - health, cleanliness, and relaxation. The end, however, featured one man saying to another, "You're cute," followed by flirtatious laughter.

I'm not sure how aware people who aren't gay would have to be to pick up on the gay undertones. I think they're pretty obvious.

It's great that Lebanese gay venues are starting to advertise. It shows that gay people in Lebanon are becoming more proud of who they are, and that Lebanese society is becoming more tolerant.

I foresee great things coming in the future...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WARNING: If you do intend to visit hammam al-Sheikh, please be aware that they have NO condoms available there. Take your own condoms with you! Do not be stupid like me and have unprotected sex in the heat of the moment. I have just ruined the rest of my summer, if not my life, and it's not worth it!

June 08, 2006 3:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried finding the place and it seems it closed

July 26, 2008 12:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi! i am visiting beirut and i would like to know a to where i can find some decent guys?
also which hammam is the best? i dont speak arabic.

please help.

you can also add me on induswine@hotmail.com

August 26, 2008 2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can someone tell me plz where is the place of hammam el sheikh in beirut? is there any other hammam for gays in beirut?

March 14, 2010 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home