Tuesday, July 18, 2006

It's Quiet in Amman

I'm in Amman now, and full of sorrow. I promised myself I would never discuss non-gay politics in detail on this blog, and I broke that promise today. But I fixed it...I decided that this blog is not the place. I'm saving my rants for the Lebanese Bloggers Forum.

Amman is quiet and peaceful, sleepy brown hills which roll up their sidewalks soon after dark. On a normal day I'd be eating at Roadster Diner with friends or goofing around with the ladies at the Taverne Suisse in Hamra. Now I'm just writing in an internet cafe, and reading news.

Je sais pas quoi dire...je me sens perdu. Two songs are in my head:

Je suis malade, complètement malade, comme quand ma mère sortait le soir,
et qu'elle me laissait seule avec mon désespoir...

بابوري رايح رايح، بابوري جاي، بابوري محمّل سُكّر وشاي

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm an israeli, feeling your pain and hearing your distress.
If only there was a way convincing u that people here really care about u
No one want that Lebanese will get heart, we all hoping for peace and wishing u will hold on and wont suffer.
I'm hoping for a day which I can hold your hand with trust, deep respect and love.
Wish u all well and keep safe

July 19, 2006 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home