Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Mr. Gay Lebanon and Other Non-War News

Well, some good stuff I found to take my mind off the war:

The Mr. Gay Competition, set for October, is hosting three contestants from the Middle East, representing Iraq, Israel and Lebanon. The competition is neither big nor important - the contestants seem to nominate themselves - but it brightened my day.

Funniest yet, the contestant from Lebanon, Elie Ballan, is a server from Club Social in Gemmayzeh, one of the bars that tries to pretend it's not a gay bar. He's not my cup of tea (I like Mr. Gay Venezuela), but I wish him luck.

In other news, Barra is having a logo competition to replace its boring red box. I was going to post on this about a month ago, but I forgot. The deadline is August 1, so hurry!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chad said...

I'm endlessly amused that there's a Mr. Gay Vatican City.

(And while Mr. Gay Venezuela has my seal of approval, I'm afraid my vote goes to Mr. Gay Italy. I'm a sucker for a good goatee.)

July 20, 2006 11:18 AM  
Blogger Katkout said...

yaaay ana i think he's cute !
and btw i love club social bass leh have i never saw him there ?

December 19, 2007 12:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS!

January 04, 2009 2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home